We are seeking a Senior Sustainability Consultant to join our dynamic and passionate Melbourne team.
Our Sustainability Team is growing again, and we are looking for forward thinking, creative and experienced individuals to join our Melbourne team, as we position ourselves at the forefront of sustainable building design and Carbon Neutrality for our projects.
Our continued growth see us working on innovative projects with progressive clients who want to go above and beyond the day to day ideals of sustainable design.
We are currently working on projects that are:
- Delivering holistic sustainability strategies across the design, construction and operation of high-profile developments.
- Embedding key Living Building Challenge (LBC) Principles and Regenerative Design thinking into the fabric of our projects.
- Seeking Carbon Neutral Certification – we are working alongside the Climate Active and the International Future Living Institute principles to develop a pathway to meet Net Zero Emissions (and beyond) by 2050 for a number of our commercial projects and retail shopping centres.
- Tackling sustainability in the residential industry, focussing on how we can deliver build to rent developments that embody energy efficiency, including projects that want to deliver net zero carbon outcomes for standalone homes.
With a real passion for sustainability across our National Sustainability team, we continue to grow our knowledge and expertise with regular inhouse and external training; have strong working relationships with key industry bodies such as the GBCA, ILFI, IWBI and Engineers Declare and continue to educate and influence our clients with ongoing CPD presentations, networking and industry engagement.
About the role
We are seeking people with a positive, inspiring, and passionate attitude towards sustainability, who are looking for the opportunity to join our growing sustainability team. With a team first collaborative approach and a strong technical foundation, you will act as a Senior ESD Consultant working on multidisciplinary projects across multiple sectors.
You will have a Mechanical background, working in Sustainability, with experience in sustainable certification frameworks such as Green Star, WELL and the Living Building Challenge (LBC) including experience with delivering business as usual solutions for NCC Section J and NatHERS with a broad understanding of NABERS Energy and Water. Experience in building physics modelling such as Energy, Daylight, Glare & CFD would be an advantage, but not essential.
As an experienced member of our Sustainability team, you will be comfortable with discussing and articulating sustainable design ideas, concepts, and project approaches. You will provide guidance and mentorship, including QA and informal training to junior members of the team and have an aspiration to further develop your client management and stakeholder relationship skills both internally and externally.
- Tertiary degree in a relevant engineering, environmental or architecture related profession
- 7+ years of diverse experience in the provision and delivery of ESD
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Green Star rating tools with experience delivering various Green Star projects.
- Green Star Accredited Professional (GSAP) status (or working towards achieving it)
- A working knowledge of other sustainability rating tools, including the WELL Standard and the Living Building Challenge (LBC) frameworks
- Sound understanding of sustainability compliance measures including the NCC Section J, NatHERS, or similar equivalent provisions
- Experience in Energy Modelling using IES.
Preferable Experience (not essential)
- Accredited NABERS Assessor or experience working on NABERS Energy and NABERS Water project
- Accredited NatHERS assessors or experience using NatHERS software for residential projects
- Experience with Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) using E-tool or equivalent software
- Experience in parametric modelling, including daylight, glare, reflectivity, solar access, CFD and any other relevant solution.
Benefits and perks
- Attractive remuneration
- Health & Wellness Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Individually Tailored Learning & Development Program
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Career Progression
- Active Social Program
- Our people make the difference
- We understand your Why and help push your boundaries
- Excellence in everything we do
Sustainability forms a key part of our ever-growing ADP team. As a company who believes in creating great environments with great people, we are happy to accommodate intermediate consultants who are ready to take the next step to senior, show a real passion for sustainability in the built environment and who are ready to take their career to the next level. Is this you?
Apply now or contact Claudia Faulkner, People & Culture Lead ([email protected]) for further information. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our vision is Creating Great Environments with Great People, we recognise that our great environment is strengthened by diversity. ADP is proud of its diverse workforce which reflects the community we are in. ADP is an equal opportunity employer.