We are seeking a Fire Protection Engineer to join our dynamic and passionate Melbourne team.
About the role
An exciting and rare opportunity has come up in our Sydney office, for a forward thinking, passionate Fire Protection Engineer to join our team. Our growth has continued and we are winning some awesome projects. We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced person to help grow the business even more. You will work closely with our Fire team as well as collaborating with all our other disciplines which include; building services engineering, sustainability, ICT, acoustics, audio visual, security, vertical transportation and specialist lighting.
A little bit about us!
Our purpose at ADP is ‘Creating great environments with great people’, envisioning what a ‘great environment’ looks like and pushing the boundaries in engineering and design to deliver the best environment for our clients’ end users.
As a business, we empower our ‘great people’ to do what they do best; design and innovate.
We understand that one size does not fit all, and we actively encourage our people to utilise their unique talents within their role and across the business. With a lot of exciting things happening in 2021, and beyond, this position is a great opportunity to push your boundaries and take your career to the next level.
With offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, we are in our 10th year with 150+ people.
As a Senior Protection Engineer we would love you to be passionate about both Fire Protection and people, as the role will be both external facing with clients and, internal facing with various teams and stakeholders across the business.
You will work closely with our Fire & Hydraulic Lead, with access to our directors and leadership team who are hands on in the day to day business and willing to support, guide and mentor you as needed.
What we are looking for in you!
- A self-motivated person with passion, drive, a positive attitude and emotional intelligence
- Someone with a natural aptitude for mentoring and coaching more junior members of the team
- A person who will encourage and promote a culture of collaboration, communication and excellence
- Someone who can present ideas, think outside the box while staying focused on the task at hand
- A special someone who appreciates that fire protection is paramount to ‘Creating great environments with great people’
- Minimum 6 years local industry experience
- Relevant tertiary engineering qualification
- You are working towards FPAS accreditation
Demonstrable experience in:
- knowledge of NCC BCA
- the application relevant Australian Standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to think outside the square
- Project leading experience
Perks of the job
- Attractive remuneration
- Health & Wellness Program
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Individual Learning & Development Program
- Access to a world class L&D platform
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Career Progression
- Active Social Program
Fire Protection forms a key part of our ever growing ADP team. As a company who believe in creating great environments with great people, we are seeking individuals who show a real passion for engineering and design in the built environment and who are ready to take their career to the next level.
Our vision is Creating Great Environments with Great People, we recognise that our great environment is strengthened by diversity. ADP is proud of its diverse workforce which reflects the Victorian community we are in. ADP is an equal opportunity employer.